Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Editor question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hominid's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi All-I am new to film making, and I was at the flea market and bought a Honewell Elmo Dual Fimatic with the S8 backing (according to the dealer) and for free, I was given what he called the editor-it is an 8mm Academy editor-I just wanted to know if this will work with my pictures, it is all in the box, unused and had some sticker splice tape still in the original packing. I would like to use it, but it does not say Super 8, just 8mm. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If it's not duall 8 or super 8,it will NOT work with super 8 film.Check the size os the spindle on the rewinds and see if it has a large hub to accomodate a super 8 reel.Some dual 8 editors have removeable hubs for super 8 to accomodate regular 8mm reels and a switch to change the aperture and sprocket between the two formats.Thoroughly confused yet?I am.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •